Federal Work Study (FWS) Costume Shop Main Stage Wardrobe Lead
TAPS (Theater & Performance Studies) seeks a student* to support the department’s Main Stage theatrical season. Student should expect to work one week of evening shifts and 2-4 daytime shifts during the dress rehearsal process for three main stage shows a year (one each quarter). An initial training shift in Fall Quarter will also be required.
*This position is open to students who are Federal Work Study (FWS) eligible.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Orient student dressing crew on dressing duties, workflow, and backstage etiquette.
- Assist the Costume Shop Lead & Costume Designer during the dress rehearsal process.
- Assist with hair and makeup application, wig needs, or cast training workshops based upon show needs.
- Problem solve costume issues as they arise during the tech/dress process.
- Mentor student dresser crews on dressing lists, dresser tracks, quick-changes, and general wardrobe duties and laundry process.
- Familiarize self with Dressing lists and specific show needs.
- Generate Dresser track
- Attend Designer Run
- Assist with Load in & Strike
- Assist with Laundry duties
Schedule: This role requires prompt attendance and engagement on specific dates throughout the year with some additional infrequent/non-mandatory shifts. Required shifts are:
Feb. 24, 25, 26, 27, 28: 6pm-11:30pm
Feb. 29: 9am-2pm, 6pm-11:30pm
March 5, 6pm-11:30pm
March 7: 9am-2pm & 6pm-11:30pm
May 18, 19, 20, 21, 22: 6pm-11:30pm
May 23: 9am-2pm & 6pm-11:30pm