WAITLIST POLICY FOR SOLD-OUT SHOWS
Because we are an academic department and not a professional theater, we unfortunately do not have a physical box office location, nor do we have box office agents through whom you can purchase tickets via phone or fax. For this reason, the only method of purchasing tickets in advance is via this website. View our "Tickets + Performances" page to purchase tickets and view all upcoming performances.
More often than not, TAPS productions sell out before they open. For that reason, we encourage you to purchase tickets in advance via this website. In the event that tickets are still available one hour before curtain, they may be purchased via cash or check (only) at the performance venue.
QUESTIONS?Contact us at TAPSinformation@stanford.edu. We do not have a phone line for ticket-related matters.
OUR WAITLIST POLICY
- Beginning one hour before the performance, you may pick up a (physical) waitlist number from will-call in front of the performance venue. The Front-of-House staff cannot give out numbers before the one hour mark. Numbers will be given out on a first come, first served basis. Those with lower numbers will very likely receive tickets, with odds decreasing as numbers get higher.
- Each person in line will be given one number, maximum. However, each number may be redeemed for up to two tickets.*
- Patrons may form a waitlist line in front of the performance venue. You may begin standing in line in front of the theater at any time.**
- Unclaimed tickets will be released to the wait-list beginning as early as fifteen minutes before the scheduled performance time. Please ensure that you are back at the theater at that time to hear if your number is called. If you are not present when your number is called, your place in line is forfeit.
- Waitlist tickets must be purchased by cash or check, only.
** In the past, patrons have stood in line for the waitlist as early as two hours before curtain. We suggest you do not wait anywhere other than directly in front of the theater to ensure that you will have an accurate place in line.